Allergic Disease – Intro
Allergy is a condition caused by the hypersensitivity of our immune system to something in the environment than usual such as food, climate etc. If we elaborate this definition, It is nothing but over-sensitivity of our immune system to something. It is also known as Allergic disease. Allergies generally attack us through three mediums which are skin, air, and food.
Allergic Disease – Two types
It develops inside our body. It is generally caused by the food which we eat. It varies from person to person. Some people get the allergic disease by eating non-veg foods or egg. But in other people, allergies may develop by eating fruits or drinking juices (example – pineapple, grapes etc). Some medicines also cause allergies.
It is caused by outside or environmental factors. There are a lot of external factors which develop allergies such as dust, pet dogs, and cats, using some particular type of plants and flowers, some jewelry etc. Here allergic parasites enter into our body through skin or air.
Common Symptoms of Allergic Disease
- Vomiting or stomach cramps
- Repeated cough
- Difficult to swallow
- Hoarse throat
- Shortness of breathing
- Swelling tongue
- Difficult to speak
- Pale or blue color of skin
- Weak pulse
- Feeling faint or dizziness
How to Diagnose Allergic Disease
To identify your allergic disease, a physician will go through various diagnostic methods. Doctors will do Allergy skin test or blood test and prescribe proper medicines.
Common precautionary methods for Allergic Disease
- Limit the usage of mosquito coils and incense sticks (Agarbathis)
- Do not smoke cigarettes inside the home
- Avoid strong fumes and intense smell inside the home
- Limit to the presence of pet animals
- Avoid more raw cotton bed sheets and pillows
- Avoid the flowers which have more pollen
- Avoid the usage of carpets. If in case you are using frequent cleaning must be done.
- Frequent dusting must be done. Use face mask while cleaning.
- Expose your bed sheets, blankets, and mattresses to sunlight at lease once in three weeks.