As a B2B company, are you focusing on your blog? If not, please don’t wait further. As per Hubspot research, 53% of marketers are saying that blogging is their top content marketing priority. One more interesting fact as per Social Media Examiner is that 65% of marketers increased the use of blogging in 2017 than the previous year. These reports emphasizing that marketers are more serious about blogging for their B2B leads. They feel that blogging generate leads and it’s a long-term benefit (RIO) for their business. In fact, it is true! A cosmic blog can generate or convert more customers for your business. But just by creating a blog, publishing great articles, or sharing on social media frequently will not solve your problem. Because everyone does the same. We have to make a blog which stands-out in the niche.
I know it’s not so easy. but there is a way to make your blog stands-out in the niche! Let’s discuss that;
Best Tips to Make a Blog which Stands-Out in the Niche
Don’t Hire Freelancers
We all know writing a thousand plus words blog post will kill our time a lot. So we go for freelancers to accomplish this task. But remember, freelancers cannot sparkle your blog. Because you are the person who knows your products or services better than anyone. You may get the content from freelancers but will it be in-depth?
What is the solution?
- Hire in-house person: An in-house person soon will understand your business in and out. It will help him to produce some interesting content than a freelancer. He can understand your customers well. So the content will be created by him will resolve your customer’s queries.
- Approach Niche/Industry Experts: Guest blogging is a good idea. But it must be an industry expert. Because he knows your business. For instance, you may refer Moz, Semrush or Searchengineland. The articles are published by industry experts which increasing the credibility and relevancy of their products or blogs.
As you know, there are millions and billions of contents out there on the internet. So how to make our blog an exclusive platform? It’s difficult! But you can try to make it by avoiding these things;
- Your blog posts must be in depth
- Enough data (proofs) must be included
- It should be able to teach the topic in detail
- It must be problem-solving
- Avoid generic topics
- Try uniqueness
- Don’t choose the topic out from your niche
- Your content must be able to get the reader’s attention (hold on content) rather than scanning
- A storytelling will work more than a data explanation
- Add enough visuals to prove the data
I like Neil Patel’s blog. Is it a good example of the above tips?
Quality or Quantity! Which makes more sense?
I always recommend you to maintain the quality. I don’t think so every day we can come up with some unique content or research. It might be difficult industry to industry. So take your time, study well and create a best & unique content then publish it. Take an example of Backlinko blog. They never publish every day. But their blogs have a rhythm of uniqueness. Second thing, you can rehash your old blogs (but updated) to retain your readers until your new blog is ready.
Promotion must be 80%
Just by creating a unique blog post will not drive traffic or sales. You must spend 20% of your time and budget in the creation and 80% on promotion. Because promotion will reach the more targeted audience. Your web traffic will increase gradually and more loyal users will be built soon. So spent 80% budget on promotion. I don’t think so I need to explain a lot about this topic. Remember 80-20 rule!
Take care the SEO of your Contents
As you know, we can’t spend only on promotion every time. So the solution is doing SEO (both off-page & on-page) for the published contents. Once your content starts ranking on SERP, it will drive a lot of traffic and users. Points to remember;
- Write lengthy but informative content
- Use videos and relevant data
- Make sure that CTR is increasing
- Take care of your title
- I suggest you read this post for the best result 7 SEO Experiments that changed the SERP Ranking Drastically.
Final word is that write content for readers. Because once your content is great, problem-solving, and in-depth, it will turn to Stand-out soon. If others can do it, of course, you can!
Latest posts by Anish George (see all)
- How to Make a Blog which Stands-Out in the Niche - February 2, 2018
- Are NoFollow Links helpful for SEO? Yes! See this Case Study - January 30, 2018
- 7 SEO Experiments that changed the SERP Ranking Drastically - January 26, 2018